Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have a recipe that calls for two and a half (2.5) quarts of water.?

What can I use to measure this? I have an empty two liter. Any idea how many times I would need to fill that to = 2.5 quarts? I don't do a lot of cooking, so I don't have many 'kitchen tools' -


Don't laugh - I am a moron.I have a recipe that calls for two and a half (2.5) quarts of water.?
1 L 鈮?1.056688 US fluid quart


A two litre bottle thus holds slightly more than two U.S. liquid quarts. (2.113376 US fluid quart to be exact)


If you need 2.5 quarts of water, fill the 2 litre bottle once... for slightly more then 2 quarts...and then add maybe an eighth of the bottle of water to finish up.


Say....


Do you have any of those 16 ounce plastic drinking glasses that are used for parties and picnics?


When I'm doing a lot of baking/cooking %26amp; all my measuring cups are in the dishwasher... I use them:


Five 16 ounce plastic drinking glasses of water would equal 2.5 quarts.


==================================


1 US liquid quart ....... = 1/4 US liquid gallons


.................................... = 2 US liquid pints


....................................= 4 US liquid cups


.................................... = 32 US fluid ounces





Thus:


2.5 US liquid quarts...= 5/8 US liquid gallons


....................................= 5 US liquid Pints


....................................= 10 US liquid cups


....................................= 80 US fluid ouncesI have a recipe that calls for two and a half (2.5) quarts of water.?
2.5 quarts equals 2.3652 liters


So fill the bottle once and then maybe about 1/6th of the way up again.
Alternatively, if you have a regular short water glass, it's probably about 250 milliliters, so you could just use 9 glasses of water. Like the first answerer said, though, I doubt it matters. You could probably use one full 2 liter bottle and be close enough.
2.5 quarts= 2.365 liters so I would fill it ONCE, then fill it 1/3 full to get about 2.5 quarts. Do you have a pint container in the fridge? 2.5 quarts=5 pints. It also equals about 10 cups (9.997) As long as you're NOT baking, you don't have to be worried about exact measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment