Thursday, December 24, 2009

Recipe calls for two cups whole wheat flour. I would like to know how much all purpose flour to use instead?

One bowl carrot cake recipe.Recipe calls for two cups whole wheat flour. I would like to know how much all purpose flour to use instead?
I would agree with island, all flours are not created equally. Whole wheat has the highest protein content, around 13%, while AP has about 11%. IT dosent sound like a lot but in the baking world those few % make the difference between a cake and super bouncy balls.Recipe calls for two cups whole wheat flour. I would like to know how much all purpose flour to use instead?
Same amount.
2 cups
Exactly, its still flour so use the same amount.
I wouldn't substitute if I were you unless you intend to adjust the amount of raising agent too, otherwise you may end up with an excessively light cake or it may have too much moisture in it. If you cannot find whole wheat flour try mixing two parts all purpose flour with one part bran and using that mixture instead, or I suggest you find a recipe that calls for all purpose flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment